Wednesday, April 04, 2018

creating with make wells: a peek inside my art journal

Hi everyone! Megan from Makewells here! Today I’m going to give you a glimpse inside my art journal. If you’ve followed Alisa for a while, you know she is the art journal queen! I’ve been so inspired by her journals! The past year I’ve made it a point to work more in my own art journal, and it’s been a great addition to my creative process!


For my journals, I like to include a lot of sketches and lettering pieces on loose paper. A lot of things I paste or tape into the book would otherwise just sit in a manila folder and get lost. So I’ve used this art journal as a way to store some of those pieces. I use gel medium or a glue stick to paste things on the pages. And I add washi tape sometimes because I like the way it looks!


For this art journal, I used a Fabriano gridded notebook.  It’s 8 ½” by 12”, and although the pages aren’t the thickest of paper, it tends to hold up well when painted on.

This journal has become a wonderful place for me to let loose and break rules and experiment. I truly believe every artist needs to remember to play - sometimes we get too serious about what things are looking like, instead of focusing on the joy of the process. So if you have an art journal, I encourage you to play play play! And if you don’t have one, maybe consider adding this element to your creative time!

I hope you’ve enjoyed this peek into my art journal! If you’d like to see the process in action, watch the video below!


To see more videos, subscribe to my Youtube Channel... Click here to become a subscriber!

Until next time my friends!

Megan

Follow Megan on Instagram - @makewells



4 comments:

Nancy said...

Joyful and exuberant! Thanks for sharing. I'm off to see your video.

Gumbo Lily said...

Loving your art journals. I'm going to go watch your videos next. Thank you for sharing with us. Inspiring!

Dorlene Durham said...

Awesome art journal. I love your lettering and overall joyful feel of your pages. I love getting messy in my art journal as well!

Ardy Lane said...

Love your journal. So motivating!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails